If you are experiencing a hostile work environment, have experienced discrimination or harassment, have been wrongfully terminated, or if your rights as an employee have been violated in any way, do not wait to talk to our Tampa employment law firm about your legal options. You can seek compensation for any financial hardships you have suffered, and you can even seek job reinstatement and the implementation of changes that will improve your current situation as well as working conditions for future employees.
As an employee in Florida, you have certain rights that are protected by both state and federal laws.
What Are My Rights as an Employee in Florida?
These include the right to:
- Be free from discrimination
- Receive a minimum wage
- Have safe working conditions
- Receive overtime pay at time-and-a-half for any hours worked over 40 per week (if non-exempt)
- Receive workers' compensation for any on-the-job injuries
- Take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave in a 12-month period if you or your family member has a serious health condition
- Be free from retaliation if you file a complaint against your employer
- Receive unpaid leave for jury duty or military service
If you feel that your rights as an employee in Florida have been violated, it is important that you take action by speaking with our knowledgeable attorney. Knowing your rights as an employee in Florida will help you ensure that you are treated fairly and paid accurately for the work that you do.
Why Choose our Employment Law Firm in Tampa?
From mass torts for multiple employees who have suffered the same wrong to individual whistleblower claims, Justice Litigation Attorneys can take the innovative, aggressive approach that results in the best possible outcome.